Digital lens processing, also known as free form technology, may well be the most important advance in the optical industry since anti-reflective coatings were perfected. Digital surfacing can be used to create single vision lenses or very complex progressive lens designs. Our digital lab is equipped with the latest state of the art technology. We have capacity to ensure that our service will meet our customers’ demands well into the future
- Digital surfacing provides a very exact prescription transfer for higher visual performance, with power accuracy of within 1/100th (0.01) of a diopter
- By including the patients position of wear (POW), lenses can be optimized for each patient's requirements
- Digitally surfaced lenses that include POW measurements come with compensated prescription. This is due to the patients worn position is different to the position of the lens when measured during final inspection
- Inventory flexibility reduces “out of stock” occurrences for particular Rx's
- A high–speed turning process, using a natural diamond cutting tool, is used to create a highly accurate surface.
- Digital technology allows replication for optimized calculation for both lenses to work in tandem with the result in distortion free lenses
- Individualized PALs use proprietary software with computer numeric control. These lenses are tailored to each patient's POW provided with the order, including personalized prescription, considering the dominant eye, natural eye movement, head position, as well as the eye center of rotation measurement
- Since digital lenses are premium vision enhancing products, we strongly recommend anti-reflective coatings for these lenses
- Our no glare processing center is alongside our digital lab to ensure maximum production efficiencies
If you have any questions about how to recommend, fit or order digital lenses, please call our customer service department.